Saturday mornings are my favorite when it comes to cooking breakfast/brunch. Usually during the week I don’t have time to make pancakes, so when the weekends come I take advantage of being able to cook more.
My brother got me this gluten free cookbook that has a lot of yummy recipes in it. I was debating about what type of pancakes to make when I saw banana ones. I didn’t go with the recipe in the cookbook, but instead used Aldi’s Live GFree pancake and baking mix. I followed the recipe on the box and used vanilla coconut milk for a lactose/dairy free alternative. Add slices of banana and maple syrup and you’re set.
- 1 cup Aldi’s Live GFree Pancake and Baking Mix
- 1 cup So Delicious vanilla coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
- 1 large egg
I did use the microwave frittata recipe though from the cookbook. This is super easy to make being microwavable (would be great for anyone living in a dorm!). I tweaked the recipe slightly by using parsley instead of the onion and also used lactose free cottage cheese.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Lactaid cottage cheese
- ~4 grape tomatoes chopped
- ~2 tsps dairy free cheese (I used Aldi’s new shredded vegan cheese but Daiya or other brands would work just as well)
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- parsley (enough to taste)
- Grease a microwave safe mug with oil or nonstick cooking spray
- Add eggs and beat lightly with a fork
- Add cottage cheese, tomatoes and cheese along with the salt and parsley
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and microwave again for ~1 minute (until the eggs are done)– time will vary for different microwaves
What are your favorite meals to make for brunch?