I’ve been wanting to share an updated post about gluten free makeup brands. I’ve tried a few different brands lately that I really like and want to share them with you all. Most of the brands are totally gluten free while others have specific products that are safe.
- If you’ve been around the blog for a while, you probably know about Red Apple Lipstick. I’ve had the opportunity to collaborate with them on several occasions (see most recent lipstick shades HERE). They are a dedicated gluten free company that are known for their lipsticks. They also have eye shadows, eyeliners, mascara, blush, and lip glosses. Some of my favorite lipstick shades are Ravishing (holiday 2018 limited edition), Rebel!, Audrey, and Petal Rebel (summer 2018 limited edition). Red Apple products are only available online through their website.
Lipstick in shade “Ravishing”
- I discovered Root within the past year and a half, and I love their products! They are reasonably priced and have a wide variety of products including makeup, skincare, and home products. Some of my favorites are their Jenny lipstick, Vintage Kiss lipstick, Holland eye shadow, and 100% lash mascara. Root products are only available online through their website.
Root Setting Silk
- Very recently I decided to try some of Pacifica’s products. They are all gluten free as well and can be found at Fresh Thyme, Ulta, and on their website. The only products so far that I have tried are their coconut multiples which can be used for face, eyes, and lips and their velevet kiss liquid lipstick. They also have a wide variety of products including makeup, skincare, body mists, nail polish and more.
Pacifica Coconut Multiples: use for contouring, highlight, eyes, cheeks, and lips.
- Mineral Fusion is also an all gluten free makeup company. I really like their makeup removers, waterproof mascara and nail polish. They can be found at Fresh Thyme and on their website.
Mineral Fusion Waterproof Mascara in color “Raven”
- Physician Formula is a brand I have talked about a lot on the blog. It used to be that all of their products were gluten free…until recently. A few of their newer products do contain gluten. I had gotten their “killer curves” mascara when a fellow gf friend told me it was not gluten free. Looked up the ingredients and sure enough it contains wheat. Be sure to check the label to ensure the product is gluten free, it will say “gluten free” on the side of the packaging. The majority of their products are gluten free though. Some of my favorite products are their Healthy Foundation, Happy Booster Blush, and Shimmer Strips eye shadow palettes.
Physicians Formula Healthy Foundation in shade “MC1”
- I haven’t tried any of Tarte’s products yet, but all of their products are gluten free too! You can purchase from Ulta, Sephora, or online. They seem to be a “higher-end” makeup company.
- Bite Beauty is another brand I have yet to try. A friend told me about them. I looked at their website and it appears that only certain products are gluten free. So be sure to refer to the list before purchasing/trying out their products.
I hope this updated list was helpful! Have a brand I missed? Let me know, and I’ll add it!